The OEM midpipe is one of the biggest restrictions in the 370z exhaust system. Nissan figured this out when they redesigned the catback system for their Nismo 370Z in order to adapt a more free flowing system, which included a redesigned H-pipe with dual outlets as opposed the previous Y-pipe with a single outlet. With the revised exhaust system and a slight tweak to the ECU, Nismo 370Z’s gained 18 crank hp from the factory.
With the success of the Nismo exhaust, AAM Competition took performance one step further and designed the AAM Competition 370Z Midpipe; a true 2.5″ exhaust system. The factory Nismo H-pipe and intermediate pipe starts off at 2 1/8″ behind the catalytic converters, opens up to 2 1/4″ at the intermediate pipe, and then tapers back down to 2 1/8″ by the time it reaches the muffler. Although we would never doubt Nismo components, we took on the challenge of designing a larger and more efficient system. The AAM Competition 370Z Midpipe has been dyno proven to gain +20whp and +19tq over a stock 370Z. This makes it a perfect upgrade for those who want the added performance of an aftermarket midpipe but want to keep the factory muffler, or those who already have the AAM Competition Short Tail Exhaust and would like to continue modifying their OEM setup.
- Dyno proven up to +22whp and +20tq in conjunction with AAM Competition Short Tails
- Dyno proven up to +12whp and +7tq in conjunction with stock rear muffler
- Bolt-on fitment, no additional modification required
- Can be bolted directly to AAM Competition Short Tail Exhaust
- Made in the USA!
- Mandrel bent 16g T304 Stainless Steel construction
- Precision TIG welding
- 2 component system, includes H-pipe and resonated intermediate pipe
- Includes all necessary hardware and gaskets for installation